Stone’s Corner Pharmacy offers conventional prescription drugs along with customized compounded dosage forms which may be prescribed by your physician. Veterinarians also prescribe medications that we can compound for your pet.
Some of the most common reasons for compounding medications are:
- the need for a different dosage form than what is commercially available
- eliminating an inactive ingredient that a patient is allergic to
- the need for a dose that is not commercially available, such as low dose medication for infants and children
- to make a drug formulation that is no longer available from the manufacturer
- adding flavoring to medication to make it easier for children to take
- hormone replacement therapy
Please call or come by with any questions you may have about our compounding services.